Offices Closed November 24th & 25th
FOMO. The Fear of Missing Out. It’s a powerful motivator, especially when the activity involved is creative, inspirational and fun.
As quilters, participating in a quilt-along can provide us with camaraderie, an opportunity to learn new techniques and tips, and the focus to get something made. And sewing with friends. (Who hasn't missed that?!)
While there will be other adventures added along the way, this is what we've got on our calendar for the next twelve months. Some of these QALs will be hosted by Moda, and others will be hosted by friends. (And we'll be making the quilts.) This is to help you start planning, to help make sure you don't miss out!
Note: With some of the delays in getting fabric shipped to shops, especially pre-cuts, a few of these QALs might not start on the date indicated. We'll continue to update starting dates and fabric availability as that information becomes available.
January through December 2021 – My Favorite Color is Moda
- Starting date – Monday, January 4, 2021
- New blog posts the first Tuesday of each month.
- Duration – 12 months.
- Collection – Bella Solids and My Favorite Color is Moda Bella Palettes.
- Pattern Required – My Favorite Color is Moda Sampler Pattern Booklet (PS9900 21)
- Hosted by Moda - My Favorite Color is Moda
February 2021 – APQ Bright New Day Block of the Month
- Starting date – February 15, 2021
- Duration – 12 months
- Collection – Bella Solids
- Pattern – Free block downloads will be posted on the American Patchwork website the 15th of each month starting in February - Bright New Day Block of the Month
- Fabric Requirements – Bella Solids: 9900 51 – Buttercup – 1.125 yds / 9900 34 – Aqua – 1 yd. / 9900 147 – Coral – 1 yd. / 9900 75 – Lime – 1 yd. / 9900 200 – Off-White – 4.75 yds. / 9900 178 – Etchings Stone – 1.5 yds.
- There is a dedicated Facebook group for quilters to share blocks and tips.
- Hosted by American Patchwork & Quilting.
March and April 2021 – Happy Days
- Starting date – Monday, February 22.
- Update: Happy Days yardage is arriving in shops, and American Patchwork has blog posts about the QAL - it is linked below. The April 2021 issue of APQ needed for the instructions is available now, so if you don't have it, make sure you get it before it's gone.
- Duration – 10 weeks. From February 22 to May 2.
- Collection – Happy Days by Sherri & Chelsi
- Pattern – Nine-Patch Square Dance by Sherri McConnell in the April 2021 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting, available now. (The magazine is required for the instructions.)
- Fabric Requirements – 2 Honey Buns, 1 Charm Pack, 3 ¼ yards for background – 37065 11, 1/8 yard for sashing squares – 37604 24, 7/8 yard for outer border – 37601 18, and 5/8 yard for binding – 37603 15.
- Hosted by Sherri McConnell - www.aquiltinglife.com - and American Patchwork & Quilting - Happy Days Quilt-Along.
- Fabric Update: Happy Days pre-cuts - Honey Buns and Charm Packs - are expected to be in shops by the week of May 10.
April through July 2021 – Primitive Gatherings American Quilter
- Starting date – mid-April.
- Duration – 20 weeks.
- Collection – American Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings.
- Yardage required: 1 FQ Bundle of American Gatherings and 4 yards of background – Primitive Gatherings Navy Primitive Muslin (SKU 1040-42) or BasicGrey Grunge in Eggshell (SKU 30150 531).
- Pattern – Lisa Bongean will be sharing one block each week on her blog. The pattern is available as a free download.
- Hosted by Lisa Bongean - www.lisabongean.com
- Fat Quarter Bundle Update: American Gathering Fat Quarter bundles are expected to be in shops in early May.
April through September 2021 – Spring Brook Blossoms
- Starting date – April 19
- Duration – 6 months with new blocks released the 3rd Monday of each month.
- Collection – Spring Brook by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts. (Or whatever collection desired.)
- These are Free Blocks shared by Corey on her blog - www.corianderquilts.com
- Fabric Requirements for Spring Brook Blossoms
- Sign up for Corey's Newsletter to receive posts via e-mail, or find the Spring Brook Blossoms posts HERE.
April/May 2021 – Jardin de Fleur Swoon Sixteen
- Starting date – June 1.
- Duration – 7 weeks.
- Collection – Jardin de Fleur by French General.
- Pattern – Swoon Sixteen by Camille Roskelley for Thimble Blossoms. (TB188)
- Hosted by Anna Dineen on Instagram - @mywanderingpath.
- Fabric Update: While Jardin de Fleur yardage has shipped, the start of the QAL will be after pre-cuts and Kits have shipped.
March-April 2021 – Spring in Paris
- Starting date – April 27 (Subject to change depending on fabric delivery.)
- Duration – 7 weeks. The first two weeks are for planning and fabrics, the remaining five weeks will focus on assembling the blocks and quilt top.
- Collection – Dance in Paris by Zen Chic
- Pattern – Spring in Paris by Zen Chic (ZC SPQP)
- Fabric Requirements – 1 F8 Bundle of Dance in Paris – 1740F8M or 14 assorted F8s from the collection, 2 5/8 yards Bella Solid White for background – 9900 98, ½ yard for binding – 1745 17M, 3 ¾ yards for backing – 1745 11M.
- KIT1740 – This quilt is also a Moda Kit.
- 60* ruler or ruler with a 60* line is required.
- Hosted by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic - Zen Chic Blog
- Fabric Update: Dance in Paris is expected to ship in early May, and pre-cuts - including the F8 bundles used in this quilt - should also arrive then.
May-August 2021 – Moda Bake Shop Summer Camp
- Starting date – May 17 for Fabric Requirements / June 14 for the first block.
- Duration – 3 months
- Fabric Requirements - more information to follow.
- Pattern - Blocks will be shared every Monday through September 6
- Hosted by Moda Bake Shop.
June through August 2021 – Sampler Spree
- Starting date – Wednesday, June 9 Launch with Wednesday, June 16 sewing start date.
- Duration – 3 months.
- Collection – Your choice!
- Book – Sampler Spree – 100+ Fresh & Fun Quilt Blocks by Susan Ache for Martingale. (B1566). In Shops NOW!
- Hosted by - Susan Ache on Instagram - @yardgrl60 - and Moda. (Us!)
- Exclusive content shared in the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group.
- Where to get a book? These shops have books on the way - Sampler Spree Books.
June and July 2021 – A Scrapbook of Quilts
- Starting date – Tuesday, June 29
- Duration – 6 weeks
- Fabrics - Your scraps or a favorite collection.
- Book – A Scrapbook of Quilts by Joanna Figueroa and Carrie Nelson - ISE 945.
- Hosted by Joanna Figueroa and Carrie Nelson on Instagram.
- Each week will feature a small project made with one of the blocks-projects in the book, with variations and tips being shared.
Ruby Star Society Jelly Roll Rainbow
- Starting date – July
- Duration – 4 weeks
- Collection – Featured collection is Speckled New Colors by Rashida Coleman-Hale – RS5027JRN2.
- Pattern – RSS Jelly Roll Rainbow Free Pattern
- Hosted by Ruby Star Society on Instagram - @rubystarsociety
July 2021 – Words to Live By
- Starting date – July. (Subject to change depending on fabric delivery.)
- Duration –3 months
- Collection – Words to Live By by Stacie Bloomfield for Gingiber
- Pattern – Words to Live By by Gingiber (GB056) or Words to Live By is also a Moda Kit – KIT48320.
- Gingiber’s Words to Live By Panel is required to make this quilt – 48320 11.
- Hosted by Stacie Bloomfield of Gingiber on Instagram - @gingibermakes
July 2021 – Oh Scrap and Hustle & Bustle
- Starting date – July 15. (Subject to change depending on fabric delivery.)
- Duration – 6 weeks
- Fabrics – 1 Fat Quarter bundle of BasicGrey’s Hustle & Bustle
- Book – Surrounded from Oh Scrap! By Lissa Alexander – B1440 Martingale
- Hosted by Lissa Alexander - www.modalissa.com
October 2021 – Stitch Pink & Together
- Starting date – Friday, October 1.
- Duration – 1 month
- Fabrics – Sincerely Yours by Sherri & Chelsi
- Pattern - Together by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life Designs – QLD 210
- Hosted by Sherri McConnell & Moda Fabrics
- This QAL will include video tutorials for each group of blocks.
We will keep updating this as we get more information, and I'm sure we'll be adding to this in the coming months because we do love a quilt-along. (It's our best reason for sewing at work!)
So which one are you going to do? Ones?
I know. All of them!