Warehouse Sale! 10% Off All In Stock Goods! Discount Already Applied
Blockheads ~ Block 12
Blockheads ~ Block 12
It's week 12 so we've completed two trips around the block with the Blockheads.
Puzzled - Moi.
Before you download the pattern - there is a tiny update-correction-clarification - Piece E should be labeled Dark #1.
I've made this block a few times over the years and every time I do, I think I need to make a whole quilt with just this block. I love that changing the value and fabric placement can completely change the look of the block.
If you have missed any of the blocks, tips or interesting answers by the designers:
- Block 7 - Penny Basket by Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles
- Block 8 - Basket of Triangles by Betsy Chutchian
- Ohio Star Variation by Jo Morton
- Basket & Flower by Jan Patek
- Lisa's Star by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
I also made an extra block this week - Duck Tracks. I made a Figgy version but I haven't made a blue Repro version... that Market thing. (And yes, I'm a bit behind on the flying geese for my setting idea.)
I'm considering remaking this one again as I thought there would be a little more contrast with the two pumpkin fabrics. The upside is that this block goes quickly so making another one - or two - won't take long.
- Background - Cut 8 squares 2" x 2". Use 4 for the connector corners and 4 for the corner squares.
- Background - Cut 2 squares - 2-3/8" x 2-3/8" - to make four HTSs that finish at 1-1/2".
- Print 1 - Pumpkin Check - Cut 2 rectangles - 2" x 3-1/2".
- Print 2 - Pumpkin Floral - Cut 2 rectangles - 2" x 3-1/2".
- Print 3 - Black Floral - Cut 2 squares - 2-3/8" x 2-3/8" - to make four HTSs that finish at 1-1/2".
Question of the Week ~ What is your favorite quilt pattern that you didn't design? (As in, which one do you wish you'd designed?)
I wish I'd designed - Turning Twenty. Yellow Brick Road. Swoon! Each of those has sold at least twenty bazillion copies. Favorite pattern I didn't design - Swoon. It is a spectacular quilt that looks good scrappy or with 18 fabrics, big or small, in any and every style of fabric and color palette. The design is simple, and it is both traditional and modern. (It's also spawned a thousand "variations".)
If you missed it - CLICK HERE for PUZZLED.
That's all she - me - wrote for today, May 24th. Be sure to see what Lynne, Betsy, Jo, Jan and Lisa have done with their blocks, and to see what other good things they might have made this week:
- Lynne’s Blog / Facebook / Website
- Betsy’s Blog / Facebook / Instagram
- Jo’s Blog / Instagram
- Jan’s Blog / Website
- Lisa’s Blog / Website / Instagram
And don't forget - blocks are popping up in #modablockheads on Instagram and Facebook for more pictures. The Moda Blockheads Facebook group is also busy with folks sharing tips, suggestions and support.
Happy Blockhead Wednesday!